Stats & Info: Todd Collins
In the San Diego Chargers' 35-27 loss to the Oakland Raiders, Antonio Gates caught a touchdown pass in a ninth straight regular-season game. That ties Lance Alworth's 1963 franchise record for most consecutive games with a touchdown reception by a wide receiver or tight end.
Gates' streak of nine consecutive games with a touchdown reception extends his own NFL record for tight ends.
• Jacksonville Jaguars' tight end Marcedes Lewis had seven career TD receptions in his first four seasons and never had more than two in a season, let alone in one game. On Sunday against the Buffalo Bills, Lewis had his second two-TD game of the season and now has five in as many games in 2010. Gates is the only tight end with more touchdown receptions this season than Lewis.
• The Chicago Bears' Todd Collins nearly completed as many passes to the Carolina Panthers (four) as he did to his own teammates (six). Collins also didn't throw a touchdown pass in the Bears' 23-6 win at Carolina. Collins is the fifth starting quarterback since 1990 to win a game despite throwing four interceptions and no touchdowns. He's the first to do it since Rex Grossman in 2006 against the Arizona Cardinals.
• Tony Romo was sacked five times out of shotgun formations in the Dallas Cowboys 34-27 loss to the Tennessee Titans. In Dallas' first three games, Romo had not been sacked in 76 pass attempts out of shotgun.
• From the Elias Sports Bureau: The Indianapolis Colts handed the Kansas City Chiefs their first loss of the season (3-1). The Chiefs were the last undefeated team, marking the first time since 1970 that the NFL did not have at least one team start 4-0.
• More from the Elias Sports Bureau: The Arizona Cardinals beat the New Orleans Saints, 30-20, without a rushing or receiving touchdown. (Their lone offensive score came when Levi Brown recovered a fumble by quarterback Max Hall.) They're the first team to score 30 points without a rushing or receiving touchdown since the Bears beat the Green Bay Packers in 1993, 30-17.