- Eric Karabell, ESPN.com Senior Writer
- 0 Shares
From the unfortunate Braves-Pirates ending in the wee hours of Wednesday morning to actual breaking news during the taping of the show, Wednesday’s Baseball Today podcast with myself, Keith Law and guest Jim Bowden was certainly an interesting one. Among the highlights were:
1. Jim wasn’t just sad (like me) about the apparent umpiring mistake that cost America’s Team, but he sounded downright angry! Also, his reaction to the Colby Rasmus trade and other potential deals should not be missed.
2. Keith also shares his opinions on a very interesting past 24 hours in baseball, but rather than focus solely on the umpire mistake, the managers deserve blame for the 19-inning affair as well.
3. The Cardinals certainly make a statement with the Rasmus trade, but it seems like a short-sighted one.
4. Why is investing in relief pitchers for the long-term generally a poor idea? KLaw has the answer and Jonathan Papelbon fans might not like it.
Plus: Excellent emails, Lance Berkman versus Aubrey Huff, pitchers headhunting and concussions, stats we like, Winnie the Pooh and a whole lot more on a busy Baseball Today podcast for Wednesday. Download now!