- Eric Karabell, ESPN.com Senior Writer
- 0 Shares
Just a few minutes before we closed the week on Baseball Today we were given breaking news about one of the league’s struggling teams, but Mark Simon and I had plenty of other topics to discuss as we made lots more friends on Friday’s show:
1. The Chicago Cubs need a new GM, and certainly Jim Hendry deserves some of the blame for the team’s plight, but what can really be done?
2. On a Thursday full of aces, Tim Lincecum couldn’t earn a victory because his sad-sack offense couldn’t score a single run. Other aces, like CC Sabathia and Josh Beckett, didn’t pitch better, but won anyway.
4. On the 60th anniversary of one of Bill Veeck’s wildest experiments, why couldn’t the Eddie Gaedel situation get repeated today?
5. Some big series dot the weekend schedule, but we tell you which one carries the most importance!
Plus: Excellent email, Joe Magrane’s place in history, visitors from England, Michael Young, baseball’s best 10th men and so much more on a packed Friday edition of Baseball Today! Have a great weekend, everyone!