We went off the field for much of the talk on Thursday’s Baseball Today podcast, as Keith Law, producer Jay Soderberg and yours truly discussed some interesting topics, including:
1. Nice job by a few Milwaukee Brewers in focusing not on their on-field struggles of late, but on their futures. Good timing! (Sarcasm reigns.)
2. Clayton Kershaw gets an early exit in Wednesday’s game, but he had a good reason. Or did he?
3. Tampa Bay lost an opportunity to get closer to the Red Sox, as Matt Moore and Matt Wieters was a one-sided matchup. If the Rays don’t win Thursday’s game, what does that mean?
4. More about the "Moneyball" movie -- and the book -- as KLaw discusses both and defends himself from a very interesting personal attack.
5. A Pod Trooper -- don’t ask -- delivers a memorable email, and we also answer questions about manufactured home-field advantage and the save stat. Again.
Tune in Thursday for a terrific edition of the Baseball Today podcast ...