Links: The Carlos Zambrano owner's manual
January, 17, 2012
Some good stuff from around the SweetSpot network ...
- Jeremiah Johnson at The View from the Bleachers has written the Carlos Zambrano Owner's Manuel. You'll need it, Marlins fans. And just remember: He's not a toy and doesn't come with a refund.
- Who is the best second baseman in the AL? Mark Smith of Fire Brand of the AL compares Dustin Pedroia, Robinson Cano and Ben Zobrist (with an apology to Ian Kinsler).
- If the Rangers sign Yu Darvish, this is what their Opening Day roster could look like.
- Ryan Sommers of Crashburn Alley breaks down Hunter Pence as he heads to arbitration. How likely is Pence to repeat his terrific 2011 campaign?
- Is Mark Reynolds going back to third base the right move for the Orioles?
- Jason Wojciechowski breaks down the Seth Smith trade for the A's.
- Bay City Ball has its version of the Giants' top five prospects.
- The Reds have apparently signed Ryan Ludwick, but that's not necessarily good news. Is he really any better than Chris Heisey?
- Should the Mets sign Manny Ramirez?
- This team would have excellent chemistry: Value Over Replacement Grit has another tremendous blog, 20 players whose names can be formed by Periodic Table symbols.
- Nick Nelson breaks down the Twins' signing of Joel Zumaya but wonders if they're still shopping for more bullpen help.
- Ben Duronio was bored so he dug up some numbers on Chipper Jones. Yes, Chipper is incredible.
- Finally, Capitol Avenue Club has an interview with the excellent ESPN broadcaster Jon "Boog" Sciambi, one of the most sabermetric-friendly announcers out there.