Links: Twins guide, free agents, bold picks
November, 2, 2012
By David Schoenfield | ESPN.com
As we wait for free agency to officially begin, a few Friday afternoon links to check out.
- If you're a Twins fan, Nick Nelson and his writers at Twins Daily have compiled a must-read 2013 offseason handbook. It's a beautifully designed 72-page ebook available for $9.95, full of player profiles, organizational depth charts, free agency overview, AL Central analysis and other essays. Click here to purchase.
- Our friends at You Can't Predict Baseball look back at their preseason bold predictions. How did they do? Remember, these were bold predictions.
- Bill Baer addresses Carlos Ruiz's long-term future in Philadelphia. Crashburn Alley's staff also hands out its 2012 MLB awards. Mike Trout: 5-for-5 in the MVP category.
- What should the Nationals do with free agent Edwin Jackson?
- Fire Brand of the AL has a poll up: What should be the Red Sox's biggest offseason priority?
- Left field was a problem for the Orioles in 2012 (Nate McLouth's late-season magic notwithstanding). What are the options for 2013?
- A review of Anthony Gose's rookie season with the Blue Jays.
- One Yankees fan hopes Nick Swisher is on his way out of town.
- The Mets should keep R.A. Dickey.
- If the Angels trade Dan Haren ... how about Cleveland?
- A look at the Reds' arbitration-eligible players.
- The Brewers say goodbye to Nyjer Morgan. It was fun while it lasted. Sort of.
- What should the Cardinals do about their middle infield?
- When our Rockies blog says Carlos Gonzalez didn't deserve a Gold Glove, he probably didn't deserve a Gold Glove.
- Should the A's attempt to re-sign Stephen Drew?
- Do the Rangers have serious interest in David Ortiz? Should they have serious interest in David Ortiz?
- If the Dodgers look to trade Andre Ethier, are the Mariners are a possibility?