June, 30, 2010
By Rob Neyer | ESPN.com
Today's links probably won't be too sad if you ignore them ... but then again, why take that chance?
- Dave Cameron on The Other Great Rookie.
- There are just so many things right about, I don't know where to start ... Except to say that if you're in Detroit this summer, now you know what to do.
- Panda's not hitting. Also, he's grounded into 18 double plays. And as Cam Inman writes, the natives (and plenty of non-natives, I'm sure) in San Francisco are growing restless.
- Speaking of Panda, I love what Chris Quick's doing with plate approach graphs. They don't tell the whole story ... but the story they do tell is pretty cool.
- Monday, we lost one of the giants on whose shoulders we've all stood.
- Kid just turned 22, and he's already the most mature player on the club. Chalk another one up to whomever's doing the drafting, I guess.
- You want to know Nolan Ryan's salary last year? Has Maury Brown ever got the documents for you.
- I was watching this game, and gosh there really should be a rule against this sort of behavior.
- T-shirt of the Week.