Today's links are wondering if Nick Masset got any sleep last night ...
- I sincerely believe this is the most entertaining video you'll watch this week. It was for me, anyway.
- I thought the headline was sarcastic, and I thought I knew what Tim Marchman was thinking about Colby Rasmus. I was wrong.
- The White Sox are sinking fast, and it's time to start looking for scapegoats. Mark Teahen, meet Sox Machine!
- Boy, that must have been a kick in the pants, huh? Make an emergency start in the middle of a pennant race, keep your team in a game they eventually win ... and get waived two days later.
- As Ben Lindbergh notes, there are two amazing things about San Diego's relief corps: they're really good and they're really (really, really) cheap. (Another gem from Baseball Prospectus: Brandon Warne explains why Jim Thome remains underappreciated).
- Jeff Passan on Mets, vets, and pervasive negativity.
- I saved this non-baseball fun until today, because otherwise you might have blown most of your work week.
The postseason Secret Sauce hasn't been working lately (and as Tango points out, one of the three ingredients in the Secret Sauce might well have been Mariano Rivera, all by himself).