September, 14, 2010
By Rob Neyer | ESPN.com
Today's links should go down easy, like Oleo wrapped in Grade A molasses ...
- This is ostensibly about Babe Ruth, Roger Clemens, and (most of all) America, but it also says as much about Bill James as anything I've read.
- Why Joe Posnanski likes Wins Above Replacement. (Now, if we can just figure out which WAR is better and stick with it ...)
- Not new news, but it's worth saying again (via MythBusters) that a corked bat isn't a better bat.
- This graph, which speaks fairly well for itself, is one of my favorites of this season.
- Over at DRaysBay last week, Erik Hahmann raised the subject of the media's responsibility, with a guest appearance by Carson Cistulli and a spirited discussion in response.
- Watching the Game reviews one of the more interesting baseball books I read last year.
- Well, the Mariners found their scapegoat ... Dave Cameron with most of what you care to know about the Josh Lueke situation.