Today's links are brought to you by the letter G and the number 6 ...
• Erik Manning asks a really good question: Why aren't the Nationals doing what the Pirates are doing?
• Tyler Kepner with a bit of perspective about Thursday's non-shocking news.
• So, why not just release the names on the list? A real-life lawyer suggests that the names should not be released, cannot be released ... and whoever's doing the leaking should be investigated and prosecuted.
• Pete Abraham wonders if the Yankees are trying to stretch out Phil Hughes, and thinks they're probably not. They probably should, though ... unless they figure they've already got a playoff berth locked up. Which wouldn't be a terribly unreasonable position.
• For the first time since 1993, I'm missing this. And yeah, this nerd is hurting a little.