November, 10, 2010
By Rob Neyer | ESPN.com
Today's links won't bite. Or bark. Unless you back them into a corner. Don't back them into a corner.
- If you're in the Bay Area tonight, be sure and catch "Out: The Glenn Burke Story" on CSN Bay Area. Here's Jon Weisman's review.
- Matt Klaasen looks at catcher defense rankings.
- Bill Baer. Ryan Howard. Heat maps. Five-year, $125 million contract. Uh-oh.
- Well, it's official: Big League Chew is Made in the USA (with local news video!).
- I agree with 'Duk about the Indians' new road jerseys: They're nice, but if you're going to do something, why not go all the way?
- Oddly, the owner of the A's is just like the rest of us: He doesn't have any idea what Bud Selig's committee is doing, either.
- Joe Posnanski. Selig. Abner Doubleday. The Easter Bunny. If you've been following along, you probably already know what comes next.
- I don't know exactly what it means. But it sure is pretty (especially if you're a Giants fan, or Buster Posey).
- On the other hand, this ain't so pretty (unless you're Pablo Sandoval, or Willie Wonka).
- Interesting discussion (mostly in the comments) about the projections in the Bill James Handbook (if you're into that sort of thing).
- And finally, another essential bit from Bill, over at The Platoon Advantage: why it's not the DH that makes the American League better in interleague games.