Just don't back today's links into a corner. They don't like that. They don't like that one bit ...
- Jonah Keri has joined the FanGraphs team -- yeah, like they needed another good writer -- and he's a fraud.
- My favorite story of the week? Rich Lederer and Bert Blyleven having a catch.
- For no particular reason, an interview with catcher-first baseman John Ellis that I just couldn't put down.
- Dirk Hayhurst says goodbye to Trevor Hoffman (who played a key, though unwitting, role in Hayhurst's book).
- Did the Rays really do better when trading Matt Garza than the Royals when trading Zack Greinke? Rany Jazayerli's not so sure.
- A pair of fine offerings from The Platoon Advantage, as The Common Man ranks every team's offseason (so far) and Bill demonstrated just how hard predicting the Hall of Fame can be, even for a guy who wrote the book on the subject.
- There's nobody happier than me to learn that bobblehead fever hasn't been eradicated quite yet.
- Don't worry yourselves too awfully much, Red Sox Nation. Josh Beckett's future isn't nearly so bleak as it looks here.
- When I saw this headline -- A Sabermetrics Video Unlike Any You've Seen -- a question immediately sprang to mind: There are others?