Here is why Friday's Baseball Today podcast with myself and researcher, writer, Mets/Rays fan extraordinaire Mark Simon is a must-listen:
1. Mark discusses his rules for being allowed to root for a second favorite MLB team, our emailers chime in and I admit to softening on my original stance. That said, I still won't root for an AL team.
2. Ben Zobrist goes absolutely nuts at Target Field, but what are our expectations for him?
3. We bang the drum about the Cleveland Indians, at least ever so slightly. Does this surprising bunch actually have staying power?
4. Remembering the anniversary of one of the biggest strikeout games in history, with a sidebar of Mark's recollections on the pitcher who accomplished this, as well as something good-guy Dale Murphy did under the radar.
5. We examine the big weekend series, excluding the one each of our favorite teams are playing in. A hint: Big night for Ervin Santana!
Plus: Well, the emails are always excellent, we manage to discuss Rangers manager Ron Washington and former pitcher (from the early 1900s!) Noodles Hahn in the same breath, and it's a big weekend for the Braves, for multiple reasons. All this and more on Friday's Baseball Today podcast. Have a great weekend and we'll return Monday!