Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Podcast: How big was Cleveland's win?
By Eric Karabell
The feline population might not enjoy Wednesday’s Baseball Today -- don’t ask! -- but there’s something for everyone as Keith Law and I discussed many pertinent and occasionally funny matters, including:
1. The Indians really needed Tuesday night’s win, and they got it in a most unconventional way. How does KLaw feel about intentional walks to load the bases? I think you get the picture.
2. Meanwhile, let’s not forget about those first-place Milwaukee Brewers, extending their NL Central lead! We spent much time discussing our love of the Brew Crew today, or something like that.
3. The signs are there as the Toronto Blue Jays are in the news and for all the wrong reasons. Do all teams steal signs, or just the Canadian one? KLaw worked for the Blue Jays, and he brings the information.
4. Dan Uggla is the latest National Leaguer to hit in 30 consecutive games, but when is the last time an American Leaguer turned the trick? And why has it been so long?
5. We talk more about Ivan Nova than we ever thought we would, but in a good way. Yankees-Angels on ESPN Wednesday night! Don’t miss it!
Plus: Excellent emails, Aubrey Huff hits one out, the cool stat Sierra, Bobby Abreu’s power trip, Jason Heyward’s injury and a ton more on a packed Baseball Today podcast for Wednesday!