Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Podcast: 'Moneyball,' Kershaw, Sox-Rays
By Eric Karabell
Wednesday’s Baseball Today podcast was packed with goodness as Jim Bowden joined me for an interview and Keith Law did his normal thing. Among the topics discussed were:
1. Jim talked about how the Red Sox deserve their current plight -- and won’t make the playoffs -- as well as the impact of the "Moneyball" book.
2. Keith had his own thoughts on the latest from the Red Sox-Rays race and an emailer doesn’t quite understand why the Tigers aren’t AL favorites.
3. Clayton Kershaw looked pretty good to me Tuesday night, but KLaw has reasons -- playing devil’s advocate -- why he’s not the NL Cy Young leader. The name Storm Davis gets mentioned. No, really.
4. We talk managers, as Bob Melvin and Jim Tracy might be sticking around and who knows what will happen with Ozzie being Ozzie.
5. We talk Wednesday’s schedule, which includes a pair of games on ESPN, as we potentially get closer to that Red Sox-Rays one-game playoff next Thursday! How awesome would that be?
Plus: Excellent emails, MLB opening in Japan, the awesome Hector Noesi and so much more on a packed Wednesday edition of Baseball Today! Download the show now!