Monday, October 10, 2011
Podcast: Happy Monday in baseball land
By Eric Karabell
It’s Final Four time in the greatest sport and Mark Simon and me discussed the good, bad and of course ugly as we started the week with Monday’s Baseball Today podcast!
1. The Texas Rangers and their awesome bullpen got the jump on the battered Detroit Tigers Saturday, and weather permitting, will get the chance to go up 2-0 Monday. Are the Rangers just too good?
2. A few days ago Delmon Young was off the roster, and now he’s back on and in the lineup for the Tigers. Do the Tigers have enough offense to make this series interesting?
3. The Milwaukee Brewers have Ryan Braun and they might not need much else. Braun, Prince Fielder and an unlikely patient hitter keyed the Game 1 win against the St. Louis Cardinals.
4. The Brewers won despite Zack Greinke getting torched again. We discuss other pitchers who have won playoff games despite poor numbers, as well as some of the top performances in elimination games, in honor of Chris Carpenter.
5. Which team would you want for the next few years, the Philadelphia Phillies or the Arizona Diamondbacks? It’s an interesting debate.
So check out a strong, packed Baseball Today podcast for Monday, with good baseball, good emails and good times!