Monday, October 31, 2011
Podcast: Cards win, La Russa retires
By Eric Karabell
Congrats to the St. Louis Cardinals! On Monday's Baseball Today, Mark Simon and I gathered to not only wrap up what was a fantastic World Series, but discuss plenty of other news as well!
1. We talk about how Game 7 went all Cardinals after the Rangers scored first, and look ahead to what these teams could look like in 2012. Could they meet again?
2. Breaking news: Cards skipper Tony La Russa steps down. We discuss our surprise and what’s next for the champs, but also put La Russa’s career in perspective.
3. Would Albert Pujols really bolt St. Louis for more money? It’s time to really talk free agents, and we give some predictions on landing places.
4. For those not familiar with the statistic Win Probability Added, Mark gives a cool primer about the historic nature of Game 6.
5. Don’t miss the "Baseball Tonight" Gold Glove awards show Tuesday night on ESPN2. Mark looks ahead to potential winners.
So check us out on Monday’s Baseball Today podcast! No, we’re not done yet! We’re never really done. Our next show is scheduled for Wednesday with me and Keith Law, as we delve further into the offseason. Thanks for listening!