Monday, March 26, 2012
Podcast: Predicting team victory totals
By Eric Karabell
On Monday’s Baseball Today podcast Mark Simon and I revealed our thoughts on many pertinent topics dealing with this great game:
1. As part of our homework assignment we predicted win totals for each and every team, made them clear on the show and compared results. Very interesting!
2. Should we feel sorry for injured Reds closer Ryan Madson? One of us rants a bit on this one, as well as the Phillies missing Wilson Valdez.
3. What’s Davey Johnson doing with his closer situation in D.C.? Again, an interesting topic with surprising results.
4. Who is most likely to have a four-triple game? It has happened before, and while it wasn’t the awesome Doug Flynn, he came close.
5. Lots of emails today! Among the topics were Johnny Damon, contenders for a long hitting streak, what to do at Citi Field, and keeping an eye on Shlobotnicks when they leave your favorite team!
So download and listen to Monday’s Baseball Today podcast, as ridiculous isn’t merely a word that defines some of our emails ...