Friday, June 8, 2012
Friday's podcast: Rangers, R.A. Dickey
By Eric Karabell
We closed another fine week of Baseball Today podcasts with Friday’s episode, in which Mark Simon and I discussed interesting Thursday performances, previewed the weekend and much more!
- The Texas Rangers don’t look like playoff locks anymore, which is why we should stop presuming any team has already advanced to October. Yu Darvish and his rising walks total is another issue.
- Meanwhile, former Ranger R.A. Dickey is amazing. Is the Mets knuckleballer the leading contender for the NL Cy Young Award? Why is that so crazy?
- Then there are the Philadelphia Phillies. Still, do the Phillies play in baseball’s best division? The division Power Rankings might surprise you.
- Our emailers want to know about standard deviation, baseball acronyms and who the most average players are.
- The top two divisions meet in interleague play this weekend, with Stephen Strasburg and Bryce Harper in Boston, but there’s more to watch, including a matchup of cross-league pitchers dealt for each other.
So download and listen to Friday’s Baseball Today podcast, find out which ballpark Mark will be traveling to next week and please, have a great weekend!