Thursday, June 14, 2012
Podcast: Bauer, Bundy, Trout, Harper
By Eric Karabell
There was perfection on our minds as we recorded Thursday’s Baseball Today podcast , both for the show Keith Law and I co-hosted and a certain right-handed Giant from Wednesday.
1. Matt Cain made history against the Astros, so we take all angles on discussing this, from his performance, to his defense, to Houston’s lineup and big-picture thoughts as well.
2. Meanwhile, R.A. Dickey is making his own kind of history, something unprecedented for a knuckleballer. Do we think it can last?
3. We just can’t stop talking about Mike Trout and Bryce Harper, but an emailer has a comparison to the Jason Heyward/Buster Posey season.
4. Trevor Bauer is being handled different than Dylan Bundy, and KLaw discusses what it means for their development. Also, if Bauer is approaching another promotion, is Joe Saunders really the Diamondback to watch? Or could it be Thursday’s scheduled starter?
5. As for the rest of Thursday, Travis Wood, Tommy Hunter and Jarrod Parker (at Coors Field!) are all on our mind.
So download and listen to Thursday’s fine Baseball Today podcast, because we might not be as perfect as Matt Cain, but we certainly give 110 percent, whatever that means.