Wednesday, July 18, 2012
Podcast: Strasburg, Lester, Bauer, Mets
By Eric Karabell
Does one game in July really change a team’s season? Keith Law and I start with the interesting Nationals-Mets game from Tuesday night and take it from there for Wednesday’s Baseball Today podcast!
1. While the Nats continue to impress, and we dissect their lineup, the Mets are struggling. But are they really out of it.
2. Arizona’s Trevor Bauer had a difficult Tuesday as well, and Keith discusses how his wildness could prevent a larger issue.
3. Another day, another discussion about Stephen Strasburg and his innings limit, but could the Nationals have avoided this entire mess?
4. Our emailers need to discuss trading Jon Lester and Ubaldo Jimenez, catchers framing pitches and the Cape Cod League!
5. Today’s schedule features the Phillies trying to do something they haven’t done all year, Francisco Liriano either adding to or subtracting from his trade value and Doug Fister seeing if he can get on a roll like last year.
So download and listen to Wednesday’s fun and comprehensive Baseball Today podcast, because each and every time our producer discusses his beloved Red Sox, it makes us laugh.