Friday, September 24, 2010
Today's links were delivered via Monarch Town, U.S.A. ...
- I don't know that it means anything; just look at some of the other pitchers on the list (while marveling at the marvel that was Pedro Martinez). But it's worth taking a moment to reflect upon Rafael Betancourt's strikeout-to-walk ratio.
- Tom Hoffarth with some tasty leftovers from his coverage of the Ball Four celebration last weekend.
- Hey, let's give some credit to MGL for giving credit where credit is due.
- I have to admit, I didn't realize it was ever lost. But I'm mighty glad to learn that Game 7 of the 1960 World Series has been found. Thanks, Bing!
- Remember when the Rockies were destined to keep playing brilliantly, brilliantly enough to catch the Padres and Giants, because they've played so well in past Septembers? They've lost six of their last nine games. Just saying.
- Tim Goodman watches (and reviews) Ken Burns' latest baseball documentary. Summary: Goodman likes it very much. You and I can decide for ourselves next week.
- Hey, if you're in Cleveland on a Monday, a Wednesday, or a Friday, spend a few minutes visiting this museum (and I really, really, really hope the Indians are helping out some, financially).
- There's a lot about this game I still haven't figured out yet. But after this (and probably before), I think it's safe to guess that Joe Torre won't be inviting David Wells to his Hall of Fame induction ceremony.