Friday, October 9, 2009
Today's links were created of whole cloth while marveling at this fact: Fernando Rodney converted 37 of 38 save opportunities this season.
- It's amazing how excited I can get, just seeing a few new seconds of Babe Ruth actually playing. If only they'd known, back then.
- In the wake of Kevin Towers' firing, Paul DePodesta offers a little window into what it's like to be a baseball man.
- Attention, Dayton Moore and Trey Hillman: consider yourself p3wn3d, officially.
- Worst managerial hiring of the last 25 years? Well, that's a hard one to figure. But the Dugout Central staff sure gives it the ol' college try.
- Just three days later, it's almost easy to forget just how good this game was. But once we've got some perspective, that one might well be remembered as one of the most dramatic ever. And here's a head start in figuring just how dramatic.
- I know it's the Angels who deserve some linkage today, but I saved up this and this for you, and when it comes to linkage I can be stubborn.
- I've sort of gotten out of the habit of checking Sabernomics, because J.C. so often writes about his local ballpark woes, but this is good, thought-provoking stuff.