- Pat Yasinskas, ESPN Tampa Bay Buccaneers reporter
- 0 Shares
Let's complete our look at Tampa Bay's potential free agents with Nos. 1 through 5.
1. Adam Hayward, linebacker. As a linebacker, Hayward has limited value as a backup. But Hayward was the captain for Tampa Bay’s special teams last season. New coach Lovie Smith places a premium on special teams, so it would make a lot of sense to bring Hayward back.
2. Erik Lorig, fullback. The Bucs are going to be a run-first team. Lorig is a decent lead blocker, so it makes sense to try to keep him around.
3. Jonathan Casillas, linebacker. Casillas could be a candidate to start at strongside linebacker. He also has plenty of value on special teams.
4. Tiquan Underwood, wide receiver. He ended up starting after Mike Williams was injured last season. Underwood is not a guy you want in the starting lineup every week, but he could fill a role as the third or fourth receiver.
5. Jamon Meredith, guard. Injuries propelled Meredith into the lineup last season. The Bucs are likely to try to upgrade their offensive line this offseason, but Meredith could have some value as a backup.
Let's complete our look at Tampa Bay's potential free agents with Nos. 1 through 5.1. Adam Hayward, linebacker. As a linebacker, Hayward has limited value as a backup.