Titans Camp Report: Day 9
August, 3, 2014
By Paul Kuharsky | ESPN.com
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- A daily review of the hot topics coming out of Tennessee Titans training camp:
- The Titans were set to load buses and hit the road for Flowery Branch, Georgia by 5:30 CT, and the practice leading up to it and Monday’s practice with the Atlanta Falcons was light and short. Plenty of veterans were given the day off, including receiver Nate Washington, safeties Bernard Pollard and Michael Griffin, left tackle Michael Roos, running back Dexter McCluster and linebackers Kamerion Wimbley and linebacker Wesley Woodyard.
- Running back Shonn Greene worked on the side with strength and conditioning coach Steve Watterson. Defensive linemen Mike Martin (hamstring) and Antonio Johnson (knee) were out.
- Left guard Andy Levitre (appendix) was removed from the non-football injury list and did some early work with the offensive linemen. He said he thinks he could be cleared for some team period work for Wednesday.
- Backup quarterback Charlie Whitehurst threw deep a couple times early on. Too deep. He overshot Justin Hunter who had broken free from Winston Wright and also missed Rico Richardson who was behind Micah Pellerin.
- Jake Locker hit a great pass as he rolled right and fit a ball into a spot for Kendall Wright right between a triangle of defenders –- Jason McCourty, Zach Brown and Marqueston Huff. It was a beautiful play. Safety Hakeem Smith dropped an interception he had a chance at. The ball from Tyler Wilson intended for Taylor Thompson was behind Smith.
- The Titans practice against the Falcons in Georgia Monday at 3 p.m. ET Monday and are then off Tuesday.