Russell Wilson is unbeaten at home since joining the league, but has not played as well on the road.
Here are five stats to know going into tonight’s gridiron action.
1. Russell Wilson and the Seahawks return to Monday Night Football for the first time since Week 3 of the 2012 season, when Wilson threw a 24-yard touchdown pass to Golden Tate as time expired to beat the Packers, 14-12. The play was subsequently dubbed the “Fail Mary” and the “Inaccurate Reception” by various outlets and it led to the almost immediate resolution of the labor dispute between the NFL and its referees.
Russell Wilson Career
That was the second game of what is an active 11-game home win streak for Russell Wilson to start his career. However, on the road, Wilson and the Seahawks are 6-6 and as you can see in the graphic to the right, the second-year quarterback has not exceled away from home.
2. Sam Bradford will miss the rest of the season for the Rams with a torn ACL. His 14 touchdown passes this season was by far his highest total in any season through seven games. Bradford had also led the Rams to a 5-2-1 record versus the NFC West since the start of last season – the best divisional record by any of the four NFC West teams over that time.
3. Taking over for Bradford under center will be Kellen Clemens. Clemens started the final three games of the 2011 season for the Rams, posting an 0-3 record and Total QBR of 22.3. Since the start of 2006, 79 quarterbacks have been involved in at least 500 action plays (passes, sacks, QB rushes or penalties). Of those 79, none have posted a worse Total QBR than Clemens’ 20.8.
Most Rush TD - Since 2010 Week 6*
4. Marshawn Lynch has developed into a major backfield weapon for Seattle since he was acquired from the Buffalo Bills in 2010. Lynch has run for 35 touchdowns since he came to the Seahawks, the third-highest total in the NFL during that span.
5. Tavon Austin's average target has been 5.4 yards downfield this season, the shortest of any wide receiver with at least 40 targets. Despite the relative ease of his passes, Austin has six drops, tied with Davone Bess for the most among wide receivers this season.
Did You Know?
Tonight will be the first time a city has ever hosted a World Series game and a Monday Night Football game on the same day, according to Elias. The only other time a metropolitan area hosted a World Series game and Monday Night Football on the same day was Oct. 27, 1986, when the New York Mets hosted the Boston Red Sox in Game 7 of the World Series in Queens, NY and the New York Giants hosted Washington in East Rutherford, NJ.