November, 18, 2010
By Zach Harper
- Before you click on anything, HoopSpeak shows us Kevin Durant as a dolphin. None of that was a typo nor am I filling out a Mad Libs.
- Dwyane Wade would like to be reincarnated as a trust-fund kid.
- See what happens when Andrea Bargnani is good? Raptors do non-Raptors things.
- Here’s a really great video from Hornets 24/7 that summarizes New Orleans’ season in a perfet way.
- Brett Hainline shows us that maybe Coach Rambis isn’t so crazy for sitting Love so much. “With Kevin Love on the floor this year, the Minnesota Timberwolves allow a defensive efficiency of 111.5 – but that number drops to 103.1 with him on the pine. I can hear the rebuttals: “He plays against the starters”, “his teammates are not good”, “Darko!”, and “Defense is a team effort”. Fair enough – but it is a least a reason for pause, yes?”
- Clutch might not mean what you think it means.
- Kevin Love says he had some extra motivation during his 31-31 game.
- Kevin Garnett introduces Shaquille O’Neal to Gino Time. Everybody rejoices.
- Kevin Arnovitz and Tom Haberstroh discuss Miami Heat and the idea of pace. “Teams can prepare for LeBron and Wade in the half court. They can draw up defensive schemes to deaden the blows of LeBron and Wade running isolations and taking their man off the dribble. You can practice that. But good luck trying to emulate their velocity in transition.”
- Sebastian Pruiti shows just how the Hornets were able to go on their late run against the Mavs.
- Brandon Bass has improved on defense. Magic Basketball has the video to prove it thanks to some great work by Eddy Rivera.
- Just how did the Spurs contain Derrick Rose the way they did?
- Rod Benson has returned with Boom Tho Smash.
- Larry Sanders is looking better and better for the Milwaukee Bucks. Jon Brockman may want to get comfy on the bench.
- What is the market for OJ Mayo right now?
- How did Flip Saunders find his team’s effort against the Boston Celtics? “It was like men playing against boys tonight.”
- We’re starting to see the end of the Carmelo Anthony era in Denver. Jeremy at Roundball Mining Company thinks the struggles signal the end of an era.
- Bret LaGree has all of the on/off data you might want for the Atlanta Hawks in a 2-part post. Part 1. Part 2. Spoiler Alert: Mike Bibby can get overwhelmed on defense.
- Couple of Trojans met up to do battle when the Raptors and Wizards played each other. Rashad Mobley checked in with Nick Young and DeMar DeRozan to see what they think of each other.
- Joel Anthony was trending on Twitter Wednesday night and it wasn’t because of his stellar play. In fact, it was the opposite.
- The 76ers’ playoff hopes could definitely hinge on the next 10 games they play.
- Hayes Davenport at Celtics Hub may have found a video that perfectly summarizes just what JaVale McGee does on any given night in the NBA.
- This is the single funniest non-blooper play you’ll see in a long time. Or maybe just until the next time Andray Blatche has to defend the pick-and-roll.