New Year's Hoopin' Eve Bullets
December, 31, 2010
By Mark Haubner
- Andrew Bynum's O is a welcome sight in Lakerland. Forum Blue & Gold breaks down the film for a shot-by-shot review from Wednesday night.
- If your story includes the quote "I want to thank David Kahn from the bottom of my heart", you automatically make my bullets.
- The Czar of the Internet Telestrator, Sebastian Pruiti, shows how Hedo thrives by initiating offense from the top of the key, and knowing how to get Dwight Howard the rock.
- Speaking of Dwight, he's already perilously close to a suspension with 12 T's - is he being unfairly targeted? Stan thinks so.
- Mayor KJ keeps trying for an arena in Sacto.
- That reminds me. Just because: KJ dunks on Hakeem, 1994-style.
- I've had my eye on Dallas' Alexis Ajinca ever since he and Serge Ibaka played impressively for the World team at the 2008 Nike Hoop Summit. Over the last week, I've seen the 22-year-old 7-footer knock down a three, and convert an and-1 drive from the perimeter. Long way to go still, but impressive glimpses - wonder if Charlotte will end up regretting letting him go.
- I love me some NBA.com Dunk Ladder - a running and ever-changing list of the Top 10 dunks of the year. Shouldn't surprise you Blake has three of 'em, but can you guess which is no. 1?
- Paging David Thorpe: Lottery picks Evan Turner, Gordon Hayward and Ed Davis have all had long-awaited breakout games this week. Will they do enough to move up the rankings? Turner has been more productive when Iguodala's been out, as AI is for the next five games.
- Don't look now, but Rudy Gay is on his way to stardom.
- Will KG's injury hamper the C's in close games?
- Salvatore > Seacrest in my book.