June, 14, 2011
By Henry Abbott
- Multiple reports say Robert Horry's daughter dies at age 17 after a lifelong battle with a rare chromosonal disorder.
- Rich Cho lands on his feet quickly, as the new GM of the Bobcats. Word is that Cho impressed the Bobcats in negotiating for Gerald Wallace. Here's a Q+A about his approach to running a front office. It's from when he got his last job before being abruptly fired in Portland, so it's basically still fresh.
- Another first for the TrueHoop Network: The Two Man Game's Rob Mahoney -- a frequent contributor to The New York Times' website -- has cranked out the words to go with a photo-rich book about the Mavericks' title run.
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar makes Eminem look impossibly short. (Via Trey Kerby)
- Mikhail Prokhorov congratulates Mark Cuban on his silence, title.
- A Buddhist take on the Finals.
- Ron Artest says a failed Corey Maggette physical is the only thing that kept him from becoming a Clipper. Instead, he ended up in Sacramento.
- Ricky Rubio could turn out OK, even if you make projections based on his more recent and pedestrian statistics.
- Tom Haberstroh on Erik Spoelstra's rotations in the Finals. Subtext: J.J. Barea killed Mike Bibby. On NBA Playbook you can see a lot of what comes up in Haberstroh's post in video.
- LeBron James congratulates the Mavericks in a statement on his website. This will be parsed for evil intent.