Las Vegas Summer League Bullets: Day 5
July, 18, 2012
By Sean Highkin, Hardwood Paroxysm
- Bucksketball's Jeremy Schmidt likes what he's seen so far from Milwaukee's second-round pick, Doron Lamb: "Lamb was aggressive in everything early. He shot when he was open. He cut very hard. He rubbed shoulders on screens and changed speeds quickly. Offensively, he was filling the same role he’ll likely take on in Milwaukee -- running off screens and being asked to make some decisions with the ball after the initial action."
- Scott Schroeder takes a look at some of the best unsigned players playing in Las Vegas, including the Knicks' Chris Copeland, who's already been invited to New York's training camp.
- Conrad Kaczmarek of Fear the Sword has a postgame interview with Dion Waiters.
- The FreeDarko guys directed an awesome Team USA-themed Nike commercial.
- Here's a name you likely haven't heard in a while: Shavlik Randolph. He was terrific in the Wizards' 83-77 win over the Grizzlies, scoring 16 points and grabbing 15 boards in only 21 minutes.
- Tyler Zeller gives us a tour of his backpack.
- The Two Man Game's Rob Mahoney looks at the continued impact Dominique Jones is having on the Mavericks' squad.
- Some Wizards video highlights and an interview with Sam Cassell, the team's summer league coach, over at Truth About It.
- Derrick Williams breaks down his daily exercise regimen.
- Postgame video interviews with Hornets Summer League coach James Borrego as well as Lance Thomas, from Joe Gerrity at Hornets 247.
- On a frightening note, Trail Blazers guard Nolan Smith took a nasty blow to the head from Houston's Zoran Dragic and was carried off on a stretcher. The remaining 41 seconds of the game were called off.