This is some brand new video that TrueHoop reader Jasmine tells me was from a recent dunk contest in Georgia.
To win the contest, a young man named Roderigus Ceasar threw it down while jumping over a parked car. I'm pretty sure it's a Ford Mustang.
Unlike the last online player-jumping-over-a-car incident, Jasmine swears this one is legit, and to my eyes it looks plausible, if a little scary.
That's a great way to win a dunk contest, for sure. (And this is how not to win a dunk contest.)
UPDATE: Turns out you and I are just about the only people who can't jump over a car. TrueHoop reader Barry e-mails a car dunk video link-o-rama:
- Former NBA cup of coffee guy Marko Milic jumping over a Honda Del Sol. The Sixers drafted him and traded him to the Suns. He played 44 games with them. As a Suns fan, I was excited cause they showed this clip on draft night. Sadly I don't think he dunked in the league:
- Chris "Skywalker" Lowery from ESPN's City Slam.
- Former UNC high jumper Eric Bishop makes it look easy.
- Streetball legend Demetrius "Hook" Mitchell punks out by going over the hood.
- Over a golf cart.
- Using a trampoline.
- Using a video game to make imaginary J.R. Smith try.