Monday, January 15, 2007
- Video of high-schooler Kevin Love shattering a backboard (thanks Casey). He'll be at UCLA next year, and the NBA I'd bet a year after that...
- The whole Steve Blake thing made sense because he was going to pass the ball to all of Denver's scorers. Missed in the equation, however, is that he's going to be open all the time, and has always been able to hit open shots.
- Basketbawful saysT&A is the only way to save the WNBA. Which makes sense, I guess, if we assume (at least mildly horny) heterosexual males determine business success in all sports. Must it be so? Also, what happens if the WNBA pisses off the core audience by pandering to men, and men don't come to watch anyway?
- The I Have a Dream speech.
- Marc Stein: Chris Webber to sit on Detroit's bench.
- Elie Seckbach on The Basketball Jones. It's hilarious, and even borderline serious at points.
- Get fouled 79 feet from the hoop, sure that can be in the act of shooting.
- Joumana Kidd's lawyer on life with Jason: "There was a lot, a lot of physical violence..."
- Free David Lee.
- Deron Williams doesn't like "Slick," "D-Willie," "Willie," or any of his other Utah nicknames. Can someone please help him out?
- Tony Barone seems to be implying that he benched Pau Gasol down the stretch because he wasn't ready to compete.
- Dwyane Wade vs. Kobe Bryant will be so much more exciting if/when the two best shooting guards in the league actually guard each other.
- Mark Madsen says Jason Kidd's knee appears to have finally completely healed after his microfracture surgery nearly two years ago. And Madsen loves Jerry West.