Wednesday, October 12, 2011
By Henry Abbott
- Made my day: Amazing comedy of Shawn Marion, Kevin Love and Tyson Chandler getting confused about the lockout, going to a middle school lock-in.
- Carmelo Anthony stops by Sports Illustrated to publicize his shoe. Instead, in a great little moment, has Zach Lowe explain to him why he's only the 20th best player in the NBA.
- Similarly, Daily Thunder's Royce Young tells players to take the deal already, and Kevin Durant responds that the league's 47/53 offer is "bogus."
- The lockout to date in Taiwanese animation. It's great for David Stern, who looks young and athletic, but not so great for the Pistons.
- Danny Granger suggests the players play all the games David Stern canceled for charity. Danny, we think alike.
- On ESPN in lieu of early season NBA basketball: College football, more SportsCenter.
- Shopping for entertainment alternatives.
- Shaquille O'Neal gets a mention on the TMZ tour of Hollywood.
- "Breaking Bad" tells us something about the NBA. I'm not sure what, 'cause I couldn't get past the spoiler alert.
- Chris Paul's wedding photos. You may recognize the tall groomsman.
- Drew Gooden's betting on chicken.
- Thabo Sefolosha says he is going to play in Turkey.
- Sneaky surgery.
- You know how Chinese officials were adamant that players could not have an out clause to leave for the NBA when the lockout is over? They're letting Yi Jianlian break that rule. Also, Stephon Marbury says he rides the subway to work in Beijing.
- A business-savvy American e-mails about the idea of several NBA stars going to China en masse: "Talk about a high visibility way to drive home the point of their emergence and our decline."