Wednesday, July 16, 2008
By Maurice Brooks
- The Iranian Olympic Team is making a trip to Utah.
- Examining the pastime that is pickup basketball.
- It looks like it is time for a lot of free agents to come up with a plan B.
- Maybe James Posey felt uncomfortable at an event to promote Boston's new championship DVD because he knew he was New Orleans-bound.
- Mayo and Love have both been very successful at summer league so far. Should we be surprised?
- Like all of the other players out here in Las Vegas, the Sixers' trio of Marreese Speights, Jason Smith and Thaddeus Young are learning on the fly.
- I was wondering why Portland's Petteri Koponen seemed so confident on the court. The pressure of an NBA game is nothing compared to what he has already been through.
- The Hornets have championship dreams. If they are going to achieve their goal, expect a big contribution from Julian Wright.