Thursday, February 21, 2013
By Henry Abbott
- Chris Paul, James Harden, LeBron James, Kenneth Faried and Joakim Noah. Would make sense as a most entertaining team, but it's actually presented as a guess at the NBA's smartest players. Kind of like the honor roll students who are also fun at a party.
- Ten teams, five in each conference, are not only out of the playoff picture entirely, but have nothing left to play for this year. This is a problem with the NBA schedule. Other than Kyrie Irving highlights, the trade deadline is likely the season's last excitement for fans of the Pistons, Wizards, Cavaliers, Magic, Bobcats, Blazers, Timberwolves, Hornets, Suns and Kings.
- Hugh Hefner might not be the best source, after all, of Jerry Buss anecdotes.
- Kevin Pelton's cold, hard facts analysis is that if the Lakers were forced to choose between Dwight Howard and Kobe Bryant, they'd have to choose Howard because of age.
- The Maloofs are on the wrong end of a lot of jokes in the NBA today. Here's one on Craig's List.
- Couldn't lots of teams use Marcin Gortat?
- Fab Melo, I am sorry for you that it was caught on camera when you, a player with a reputation for being hefty, broke a folding chair a few months ago merely by sitting on it. I'm even sorrier the NBA is promoting that video on its YouTube Channel.
- Rockets figured out something powerful, which is underscored in these highlights: Shoot a ton of 3s and hit just about all of them, and everything is peachy.
- Shawn Kemp dunked HARD on Alton Lister, and Lister's wife was pissed.
- Ethan Sherwood Strauss on WarriorsWorld: "I laughed at all of you who dared suggest that Bogut’s return would screw up team chemistry. Sneered, even. And yet, his return has coincided with a 6-game losing streak that only, mercifully ended against the horrid Phoenix Suns."
- Nikola Pekovic, most powerful man in the NBA?
- Things have always been a little tense between Andre Miller and the Nuggets.
- According to the Pacers' GM on Twitter, Danny Granger won't be going anywhere.