Women's Basketball: UCLA Bruins
Some updates after Saturday’s conference tournament games:
• With the announcement that Wichita State won the tiebreaker in the Missouri Valley Conference and will be the top seed in the tournament, we will follow suit and move the Shockers back into the field as the automatic qualifier. Creighton stays in the field as the last team in.
• Wichita State's return to the field takes up another spot, and that, plus its quarterfinal loss to fellow bubble team Saint Joseph’s, cost Duquesne a spot in the field. The Dukes are now the first team out.
• UCLA’s huge and convincing win over California in the Pac-12 semifinals, coupled with Texas A&M’s victory over Tennessee in the SEC semifinals, mixed up the Nos. 3 and 4 seeds a bit. The Bruins and Aggies are both now No. 3 seeds. Nebraska (a loser in the Big Ten semifinals) and Dayton are now No. 4 seeds.
• Tennessee Martin became the first official entrant into the NCAA tournament field with an overtime win over Tennessee Tech in the OVC tournament final.
• Stetson became the second official automatic qualifier by upsetting Florida Gulf Coast in the championship game of the Atlantic Sun. The Eagles went unbeaten in regular-season conference play and won the league by four games over the Hatters, but Stetson is headed to the NCAA tournament.
• Princeton followed suit later Saturday to become automatic qualifier No. 3 by clinching the Ivy League with a win over Brown.
LAST FOUR IN
FIRST FOUR OUT
Florida Gulf Coast
NEXT FOUR OUT
Big East: 8
Big Ten: 6
Big 12: 6
Atlantic 10: 3