- Charlie Creme, Women's College Basketball
- 0 Shares
Some updates after Monday’s conference tournament games:
• Top seeds around a host of mid-major leagues kept Sunday night's bracket projection intact. Marist, Middle Tennessee, Chattanooga and Gonzaga all completed regular-season title/tournament sweeps and officially secured spots in the NCAA field.
• Navy, a No. 2 seed in the Patriot League, remained on target for a berth by reaching the conference final against No. 4 seed Holy Cross.
• Favorites were also the order of the day in the two major leagues still playing. Unlike the Big Ten and SEC, the Big East and Big 12 have gone according to plan. In fact, Baylor completed its run to the Big 12 tournament title by trouncing second-seeded Iowa State Monday night.
• No lower seed in the Big East has won a single game in Hartford, leading to a much-anticipated third meeting between top-seeded Notre Dame and No. 2 seed Connecticut. The outcome of Tuesday's Big East final will not change either team's status; they are locked in as NCAA No. 1 seeds
LAST FOUR IN
FIRST FOUR OUT
Florida Gulf Coast
NEXT FOUR OUT
Big East: 8
Big Ten: 6
Big 12: 6
Atlantic 10: 3