- Charlie Creme, Women's College Basketball
- 0 Shares
Some updates after Saturday’s conference tournament games:
• A reassessment of Duquesne and Charlotte has put the Dukes in the field and the 49ers out. With Duquesne's No. 36 RPI ranking, history says the Dukes have a great probability of a bid. RPI is not the end-all, be-all, but that is the way it has almost always worked out.
• The same rationale holds for Creighton, which is why the Bluejays, despite a loss in the MVC semifinals, stay in the field.
• San Diego State, Pacific and Toledo were all regular-season conference champs that lost in the tournaments. Each of them has some credentials that warrant some consideration. However, speaking of history, all have extremely poor strength of schedule (SOS) numbers. Their inclusion in the field would historically be unprecedented based on those numbers (San Diego State ranks at 146, Toledo's at 234 and Pacific 118).
• After another look, Purdue and Michigan State moved up the S-curve. Unfortunately for the Spartans, it wasn’t enough to change their seed. They are actually a natural No. 7, but had to be moved down one seed line to make the bracketing process work. That happened plenty in this bracket.
• Texas Tech was reevaluated and moved down to the natural No. 8 line, but had to be adjusted to a No. 7 for the same procedural reasons.
LAST FOUR IN
FIRST FOUR OUT
San Diego State
NEXT FOUR OUT
Florida Gulf Coast
Big East: 8
Big Ten: 6
Big 12: 6
Atlantic 10: 3
South Dakota State