Discussion

Mike Napoli, Red Sox agree to deal

Updated: December 4, 2012, 1:42 AM ET
By Gordon Edes | ESPNBoston.com

The Boston Red Sox on Monday agreed to a three-year, $39 million contract with free-agent first baseman/catcher Mike Napoli, pending a physical, a baseball source with direct knowledge of the negotiations told ESPNDallas.com.

Napoli, who visited Boston late last month, is expected to play primarily at first base for the Red Sox.

Napoli's physical will take place Wednesday, a source said, and his signing likely will be announced ...

Read full story

Comments

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. Learn more.


EDITORS' PICKS

  • Finding Their Groove
    Big swings by David Ortiz and Brock Holt helped the Red Sox top the O's on Saturday.
  • Wouldn't Miss It
    Meb Keflezighi and Ryan Hall lead an elite American field at the Boston Marathon.
  • Tough Lesson
    The Bruins found out the hard way that the Red Wings won't go down easy.
  • Why They'll Run
    Six people impacted by the bombings share what motivated them to enter.
  • Cloudy Vision
    Danny isn't sure what the C's will look like, but he thinks they'll be better.

MORE MLB HEADLINES