Xander Bogaerts to return Saturday

Updated: August 29, 2014, 9:17 PM ET
By Gordon Edes | ESPNBoston.com

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla.-- A week after an 89 mph from Seattle's Felix Hernandez struck Xander Bogaerts in the batting helmet, he is expected to return to the Red Sox lineup on Saturday, manager John Farrell said.

Bogaerts had been placed on the seven-day concussion disabled list the day after he was hit by the pitch, but Farrell said in Toronto on Friday night he had passed all tests. Bogaerts took batting practice here Friday.

"He's been cleared by the doctors,'' Farrell said. "He'll go through a full work day with us on the field and we fully expect him at this point to play tomorrow.''

Bogaerts told reporters before Friday's game that he had not experienced any headaches since being hit.

Gordon Edes

Red Sox reporter, ESPNBoston.com

SPONSORED HEADLINES

Comments

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. Learn more.


EDITORS' PICKS

MORE MLB HEADLINES