More On The Red Sox
Gordon Edes and the rest of the ESPNBoston.com team have the Red Sox covered for you. Blog
The 31-year-old Jenks has spent the entire season on the disabled list while recovering from two offseason back surgeries, the complications from which had him fearing his life. During spring training, he was arrested for driving under the influence and explained to officers he had taken "too many muscle relaxers."
Jenks signed a two-year, $12 million contract with the Red Sox in December of 2010 and ended up pitching just 15 2/3 innings during his injury-riddle stint with Boston. He was 2-2 with a 6.23 ERA in 19 appearances in 2011.
A two-time All-Star as closer for the Chicago White Sox, Jenks has a 3.40 career ERA and 173 saves over parts of seven seasons in the majors.
- Spending Slump
- The Patriots have spent in free agency, but they haven't spent wisely.
- Starting Strong
- Red Sox lefty Jon Lester looked like an ace in his first start of the spring.
- Strength In Numbers
- Authorities have announced major security measures for this year's Boston Marathon.
- Right Direction
- As his confidence grows, rookie Kelly Olynyk keeps getting better.
- Reasonable Doubt?
- How a conspiracy of silence and a vanished gun have complicated the case.
- Antigua Women's Boston Red Sox Traverse Soft Shell Full-Zip Red Jacket
MORE MLB HEADLINES