Cody Ross, Red Sox in contract talks
More On The Red Sox
Gordon Edes and the rest of the ESPNBoston.com team have the Red Sox covered for you. Blog
"I'm a free agent at the end of this season," Ross wrote in a diary entry for ESPNBoston.com. "There are talks going on with the Red Sox. We're in the beginning stages of talking. Hopefully we can get something done. Obviously, I want to come back here and be a part of this team."
Ross, who signed a one-year, $3 million contract with the Red Sox last offseason, is batting .270 with 21 home runs, 77 RBIs and an .824 OPS in 122 games. He had the go-ahead RBI double in the eighth inning of Boston's 2-1 win over the Orioles on Sunday.
A source told ESPNBoston's Gordon Edes last month that the Red Sox had told Ross they'd like to bring him back. Ross, 31, has proven well suited for Fenway Park and has stayed above the fray in a tumultuous season in Boston. He is expected to seek at least a three-year deal from the Red Sox.
- Not Tipping Their Hand
- The legal tampering period hasn't shed light on where the Pats stand with Aqib Talib.
- Strength In Numbers
- Authorities have announced major security measures for this year's Boston Marathon.
- Momma's Boy
- Top Red Sox prospect Garin Cecchini isn't above calling his mother for hitting advice.
- Reasonable Doubt?
- How a conspiracy of silence and a vanished gun have complicated the case.
- Dropping Into Place
- Rajon Rondo surpassed Bill Russell in career assists as the C's outran the Pistons.
- Majestic Triple Peak Men's Boston Red Sox David Ortiz Navy T-Shirt
MORE MLB HEADLINES