Red Sox manager John Farrell said Wednesday he thought he needed to get Ellsbury to "80 percent or better intensity level" before putting him back in the lineup.
Ellsbury injured the groin in last Thursday's win in Philadelphia, during which he recorded a team-record five stolen bases. Ellsbury was 11-for-23 with five extra-base hits and seven steals in five games before suffering the injury.
Ellsbury picked right up where he left off, going 4-for-5 with two doubles and two runs scored in Thursday's 6-3 win over the Rangers.
Rookie Jackie Bradley Jr. started five games in center field in Ellsbury's place.
- Dropping Into Place
- Rajon Rondo surpassed Bill Russell in career assists as the C's outran the Pistons.
- Buch Stops Bucs
- Clay Buchholz had full command of his repertoire as the Sox beat the Pirates.
- Sweeping Sunshine State
- The B's outlasted Tampa on Sat. and finished a season sweep of Florida Sunday.
- Regroup Project
- As March Madness heats up, where does UMass and other local teams stand?
- Taking Inventory
- The Patriots have been quiet so far in free agency's legal tampering period.
- Extended Sizes - Majestic Men's Replica New York Yankees Jacoby Ellsbury #22 Home White Jersey
MORE MLB HEADLINES