Celts, draft picks agree to deals
The Boston Celtics didn't waste any time signing their three selections from last week's draft.
Terms of the deals were not announced, but first-round pick base salary was slotted at $1.089 million for Sullinger (21st in draft) and $1.045 million for Melo (22nd in draft). Players can be signed at up to 120 percent of that salary, which the Celtics have done in each of the past two seasons, giving first-round picks Avery Bradley (19th in 2010) and JaJuan Johnson (27th in 2011) a slight bump.
Second-round contracts typically check in at the minimum, which for next season is $473,604.
2012 NBA Offseason
- Dropping Into Place
- Rajon Rondo surpassed Bill Russell in career assists as the C's outran the Pistons.
- Buch Stops Bucs
- Clay Buchholz had full command of his repertoire as the Sox beat the Pirates.
- Sweeping Sunshine State
- The B's outlasted Tampa on Sat. and finished a season sweep of Florida Sunday.
- Regroup Project
- As March Madness heats up, where does UMass and other local teams stand?
- Taking Inventory
- The Patriots have been quiet so far in free agency's legal tampering period.
- adidas Men's Boston Celtics Rajon Rondo Replica Revolution 30 White Basketball Jersey
MORE NBA HEADLINES