Patriots rule out Alfonzo Dennard
Dennard, a starting cornerback, reportedly underwent a minor procedure prior to the team's Week 11 game against the Carolina Panthers, which he missed.
He returned to the lineup against the Denver Broncos the following week, but was limited and forced to leave the game. After practicing Wednesday, Dennard missed Thursday's practice before practicing on a limited basis on Friday.
Fellow cornerbacks Aqib Talib (hip), Kyle Arrington (groin) and Marquice Cole (shin) are all listed as questionable to play. All three look to be on course to play against Houston, however, and Talib and Arrington are projected to start with rookie Logan Ryan serving as the team's third cornerback.
Dennard, a second-year cornerback out of Nebraska, became a starter during the home stretch of the 2012 regular season and has 35 tackles and an interception this season.
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
Despite Jadeveon Clowney's insane numbers, doubts remain about what can't be measured.
- Net Benefits
- Loui Eriksson scored in his return as the B's got revenge vs. the Caps.
- Help Him
- What's the Patriots' biggest need on offense? We debate. You decide.
- Ranging Deep At Short
- Deven Marrero is the next SS behind Xander Bogaerts in Boston's talented pipeline.
- Going Down?
- With 21 games left, the Celtics are on course to land in lottery country.
- Commemorative Occasion
- Cam Neely recalls scoring 50 in 44 games in '93-94.
- Franklin New England Patriots Fan Face Mask
MORE NFL HEADLINES