Dan Koppen agrees to one-year deal
Koppen will now have a chance to snap to Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning after nine seasons snapping to Tom Brady, putting him in the unique position of working closely with two of the all-time greats at the position.
Koppen had re-signed with the Patriots this offseason to a one-year deal and was edged out in a training camp competition for the starting job by four-year veteran Ryan Wendell. Koppen was released at New England's final roster cutdown, with the team keeping backup interior linemen Donald Thomas and Nick McDonald over Koppen.
Koppen appeared in 121 regular-season games for the Patriots from 2003-2011, in addition to 14 playoff games.
NFL WEEK 1 COVERAGE
MNF: Ravens 44, Bengals 13
Chargers 22, Raiders 14
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Above And Beyond
- Did Julian Edelman play himself out of a future with the Patriots?
- Home Alone
- The rolling Nets visit the woeful C's, but for Paul Pierce this trip will never be easy.
- Commemorative Occasion
- Cam Neely recalls scoring 50 in 44 games in '93-94.
- Ranging Deep At Short
- Deven Marrero is the next SS behind Xander Bogaerts in Boston's talented pipeline.
- Help Him
- What's the Patriots' biggest need on offense? We debate. You decide.
- Rico New England Patriots Banner Flag
MORE NFL HEADLINES