GM: Bruins don't expect Tim Thomas
"I haven't seen his infamous Facebook post. I'm aware of it. I've talked to his agent in the last little bit, and nothing's changed," Chiarelli said. "If you're asking me, 'Has he clarified that he's not playing for the year?' -- he's stated that through his agent that he's not playing for the year, so I guess that's where that stands. But nothing's really changed since the last time I spoke."
Chiarelli also acknowledged that Thomas' decision already has played a role in his approach to roster decisions and remains a consideration moving forward.
"As I said before when we talked about Tim, I'm operating under the premise that our goalies will be Tuukka (Rask) and Anton (Khudobin) because Tim won't be playing for us," Chiarelli said. "So I mean there's a whole -- I'm not going to tell you everything -- but there's a whole host of things that trickle down from that one event. So, yes -- short answer -- yes, it has had an impact."
- Long Day's Night
- John Farrell didn't like much of what he saw as the Sox dropped a twinbill.
- Made To Last
- The B's rallied to force OT, then outlasted the Lightning in the shootout.
- Raring To Go
- Avery Bradley is eager to get back on the court, no matter the Celtics' record.
- One Step Closer
- BU and Northeastern advanced in their respective conference tournaments.
- A Dream Come True
- Twelve-year-old Louis Corbett had his dream of seeing the Celtics come true.
- Reebok Soft-Touch Men's Boston Bruins Tuukka Rask #40 Player Replica Black T-Shirt
MORE NHL HEADLINES