Garnet Exelby, Lane MacDermid sign
Exelby, 30, spent last season in the Detroit Red Wings' system playing for the Grand Rapids Griffins in the AHL. He had seven goals, 14 assists and 177 penalty minutes in 75 games. He has played 408 NHL games with the Atlanta Thrashers and Toronto Maple Leafs.
MacDermid played five games for Boston last season, getting into a fight in his NHL debut at the New York Rangers on March 4. The 22-year old winger had four goals, 12 assists and 121 penalty minutes in 69 AHL games with providence. MacDermid was drafted in the fourth round (112th overall) in the 2009 NHL entry draft.
- Dropping Into Place
- Rajon Rondo surpassed Bill Russell in career assists as the C's outran the Pistons.
- Buch Stops Bucs
- Clay Buchholz had full command of his repertoire as the Sox beat the Pirates.
- Sweeping Sunshine State
- The B's outlasted Tampa on Sat. and finished a season sweep of Florida Sunday.
- Regroup Project
- As March Madness heats up, where does UMass and other local teams stand?
- Taking Inventory
- The Patriots have been quiet so far in free agency's legal tampering period.
- Trademark Games Boston Bruins Framed Team Logo Mirror
MORE NHL HEADLINES