SOCHI, Russia -- Four-time Olympian Julie Chu will carry the U.S. flag at the closing ceremony of the Sochi Games.[+] EnlargeBruce Bennett/Getty ImagesJulie Chu was selected to carry the U.S. flag during the closing ceremony.
The U.S. Olympic Committee made the announcement Friday, a day after Chu earned a silver medal with the U.S. women's hockey team. It was her fourth Olympic medal -- she has three silvers and a bronze.
Chu says she is "completely humbled and kind of in shock" to be chosen.
A Harvard graduate, Chu has been with Team USA since the 2002 Winter Games in Salt Lake City.
The Americans lost 3-2 in overtime to Canada in the gold-medal game Thursday night.
Copyright 2014 by The Associated Press
2014 SOCHI OLYMPICS: DAY 15
A recap of our top stories and videos from Friday, Feb. 21 at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi:
NEWS & ANALYSIS
- Passing The Torch
- The C's finally got the best of old pal Paul Pierce, who showed Rondo some love.
- Crimson Flush
- Harvard beat Yale to lock up a fourth straight Ivy title and third straight NCAA berth.
- Kind Of A Big Deal
- What if New England can't rework the final year of Vince Wilfork's contract?
- Just Getting Started
- Will Middlebrooks remains confident he can become a premier two-way player.
- Above And Beyond
- Did Julian Edelman play himself out of a future with the Patriots?
- Old Time Hockey Youth USA Hockey Paul Martin #7 Navy Replica T-Shirt
MORE OLYMPICS HEADLINES