Pacquiao-Bradley by the numbers
TOP THINGS TO KNOW
Punch stats: Pacquiao vs Bradley I
1. Timothy Bradley Jr. defeated Manny Pacquiao by split decision (115-113, 115-113, 113-115) in their first fight June 9, 2012. Many boxing analysts and journalists believed Pacquiao had won the fight unanimously based on out-landing Bradley in 10 of 12 rounds.
Round-by-round punches landed
Manny Pacquiao's last 3 fights
|Brandon Rios||W, UD-12|
|Juan Manuel Marquez||L, KO-6|
|Timothy Bradley||L, SD-12|
2. The defeat to Bradley ended Pacquiao's 15-fight win streak. In his next fight against rival Juan Manuel Marquez, Pacquiao was knocked out in the sixth round. It was Pacquiao's first defeat by knockout since 1999. Pacquiao would rebound against Brandon Rios, earning a unanimous decision victory in November.
3. Bradley has made two defenses of his WBO welterweight title since defeating Pacquiao. His first defense was against Ruslan Provodnikov in a matchup named 2013 Fight of the Year by Ring Magazine. This past October, Bradley defeated Marquez by split decision. He is currently ranked No. 3 on the ESPN.com and Ring Magazine pound-for-pound lists.
4. Pacquiao is one of the most powerful punchers pound-for-pound in boxing. He landed 39 percent against Bradley in their first fight and ranks second in average power punches landed per round.
Pacquiao-Bradley II - WBO welterweight title
Average power punches landed per round -- active fighters
|Leo Santa Cruz||26|
• Pacquiao: 35 years old; residing in General Santos, Phillipines
• Pacquiao: Nicknamed "PacMan"
• Pacquiao: 55-5-2 (38 KO) in career; 1-2 in last 3 fights
• Pacquiao: Former WBO welterweight titleholder (lost title to Bradley)
• Pacquiao: Ranked No. 5 pound-for-pound fighter by ESPN.com (No. 7 by Ring Magazine)
• Pacquiao: Averages 20 power punches landed per round; ranks second among active fighters
• Pacquiao: Trained by Freddie Roach (four-time BWAA Manager of the Year)
• Bradley: 30 years old; residing in Palm Springs, Calif.
• Bradley: Nicknamed "Desert Storm"
• Bradley: 31-0, 1 NC (12 KO) in career; defending WBO welterweight title for third time
• Bradley: Ranked No. 3 pound-for-pound fighter by ESPN.com and Ring Magazine
• Bradley: 4-0 record in welterweight division (last three for WBO welterweight title)
• Bradley: Attempted more jabs (1,275) than power punches (1,126) in last three fights
• Bradley: Trained by Joel Diaz
The judges for this fight will be Glenn Trowbridge of Nevada, Michael Pernick of Florida and John Keane of Great Britain. The referee for the fight will be Kenny Bayless.
Odds according to LVH Superbook (as of April 5)
Bradley +200 (Underdog; if Bradley wins, $100 bet wins $200)
Pacquiao -240 (Favorite; if Pacquiao wins, $240 bet wins $100)
Goes 1:30 of 10th round: -345 (If fight lasts to 1:30 mark of 10th round, $345 bet wins $100)
Don't go 1:30 of 10th round: +285 (If fight ends before 1:30 mark of 10th round, $100 bet wins $285)
-- Statistical support provided by Compubox
MORE BOXING HEADLINES
- Tyson to present Holyfield at Hall induction
- Chisora fractures hand, postpones Fury fight
- Ruenroeng-Arroyo title bout slated for Sept. 14
- Macklin to face Heiland in 160 title eliminator
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Dan Rafael retweeted
- Brian Campbell retweeted